On the 30th of November innogy’s diversity office invited about 150 managers and top-executives of innogy group to the “International innogy Diversity Day”, taking place at RWW Ruhrwasserwerk in Mülheim a.d.R. (Germany). Andrea Dorsch Kellermann, innogy’s Head of Diversity Management, core message was that “diversity is simply more than the promotion of gender or women. How much more it is, we want to show through this and make it relivable. The main goal at the end of the day is that everybody is able to detect the advantages and the use of diversity as well as taking and using something from it in the daily work.” Impulses of the Top Management as well as a keynote about Unconisous Bias and various interactive sessions to Sexual orientation (LGBT), innogize our work and an intercultural quiz helped to experience, support and use Diversity as a chance for the economic success of innogy. The idea was to find and walk new ways within innogy to use Diversity as a chance in leadership, in project management as well as team work and self-reflection. Experience some highlights of the day in our short video
Diversity of modern society, influenced by globalisation and reflected in demographic changes, is affecting economic life in Germany and all around the world. We have come to realize that we can only be economically successful if we acknowledge and leverage the existing diversity. This includes the diversity of our workforce and the diverse needs of our customers and other business partners. Diverse competencies and talents open new opportunities for innovative and creative solutions.
The implementation of the Charter of Diversity in our organisation aims at creating a work environment free of prejudice. We deeply respect all colleagues irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic background, religion or worldview, disability, age, and sexual preference and identity. Appreciation and promotion of these diverse potentials produce economic benefits for our organisation.
We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and mutual trust. This will have positive effects on our reputation with our partners and customers in Germany and in other countries in the world.
In the framework of this Charter we are committed to:
- fostering a corporate culture characterised by mutual respect and appreciation of every single individual. We seek to create conditions such that everyone (superiors and co-workers) respects, practices and acknowledges these values. This will require explicit support from leaders and superiors.
- validating and ensuring that our human resource processes are compatible with the diverse competencies, abilities and talents of our employees, as well as with our own performance standards.
- recognising the diversity of society inside and outside our organisation, appreciating the intrinsic potential residing in it, and endeavouring to utilise it profitably for our business or organisation.
- ensuring that the implementation of the Charter will be a subject of internal and external communication. publicizing on an annual basis our own activities and progress in promoting diversity.
- and keeping our own employees and colleagues informed about diversity and actively involved in implementing the Charter.
- definitely convinced that practicing and appreciating diversity will have a positive impact on German
To promote dialogue we conduct several events
International innogy Diversity Day, 30th of November