Building insulation plays an important role in cutting heat energy levels. But substantial efficiency gains can also be achieved without fully refurbishing the building envelope. To do so, it is necessary to identify weak points in the masonry.
Because all objects give off heat energy, the thermography process is ideally suited in this regard. The measurement results can be clearly seen on infrared images, which provide information to analyse energy performance.
The measurement service:
- innogy helps municipalities and their inhabitants to measure the energy efficiency of their buildings. Once the measurement is done, we draw up a building report, including informative images and comments containing specific recommendations.
- Thermographic measurement is done by a professional service provider during the winter to make the most of the seasonal conditions.
Advantages for municipalities
- An active contribution to climate protection
- Positive public perception
- Financial outlay for the municipality is minimal
- Citizens are mobilised and sensitised to the need to save energy